The 13U (PeeWee) division is a tiered division with the NSBA fielding both “A” and “AA” spring teams.
The 13U (PeeWee) AA teams play at a higher level of competition and the NSBA’s expectation is that players selected to those teams will commit to full participation (both practices and games). If your player is not able to make such a commitment and would prefer not to be considered for AA, please contact the 13U (PeeWee) Coordinator prior to the evaluations.
In order to assist the NSBA in the creation of the most appropriate teams possible, there are three (3) evaluation dates. Not all players will be required to attend all three (3). The three (3) evaluation dates are as follows:
- Saturday, February 9, 2019 (12:00 PM – 4:00 PM) – Location: Lions Gate Christian Academy – This is mandatory for all 13U (PeeWee) players. This assessment helps NSBA assess your player’s skill level and will help determine players playing on the “A” or “AA” spring teams.
- Saturday, February 23, 2019 (either time slot 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM or 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM) – Location: Kinsmen Field, gravel field – From the initial evaluation on February 9rd, selected 13U (PeeWee) players will be asked to attend the February 23rd evaluation for purposes of NSBA finalizing the “AA” players if the player wants to play on a “AA” spring team. All players required to attend this evaluation will receive an email following the February 9th evaluation.
- Sunday, February 24, 2019 (either time slot 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM or 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM) – Location: Kinsmen Field, gravel field – This is mandatory for all 13U (PeeWee) “A” players who were not asked to attend the February 23rd evaluation. All players required to attend this evaluation will receive an email following the February 9th evaluation.
DETAILS RE: 13U (PeeWee) 1st Evaluation:
Date: Saturday, February 9, 2019
Time: 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM
Note: Your specific evaluation time slot will be emailed directly to you shortly.
Location: Lions Gate Christian Academy, in the enclosed “bubble”, next to the gravel field
** If your child is unable to attend this session, they will be placed into the “A” draft without a score. However, rest assured, they will still be placed on a team. **
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your start time. Proceed to check-in your child and collect a numbered pinnie. Once your child is registered and pinnie is collected, due to the timing, the volume of players, and space factors we ask that you drop your child off and pick them up at the end of the evaluation. Players will be called when it is their turn to take the field. We will be processing and evaluating a high number of players and would appreciate your assistance in making the process run as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Players should come dressed in normal practice attire.
- baseball hat
- shirt (no names on shirt)
- baseball pants (no shorts)
- protective jock/jill
- runners (no spikes or soccer shoes)
Equipment: baseball glove, batting helmet, bat and water bottle (we will also have NSBA bats on-site)
The evaluation day will consist of three different stations for the players:
- Fielding (ground balls/fly balls)
Each station will last approximately 10 minutes, for a total evaluation time per group of approximately 30 minutes. Upon completion of all three evaluation stations, please ensure your child returns the pinnie and leaves the baseball surface immediately and is free to go. The next group of players will immediately be getting ready to enter as we are very tight for time.
We have over 100 players in the 13U (PeeWee) division and are very tight on time. Unfortunately, based on gym time and the number of players registered, we must assign times. The 13U Coordinator will send an email to you letting you know what time your child is scheduled to be evaluated. If you are unsure of your child’s evaluation time, please contact the 13U Coordinator. We will not be able to accommodate any change requests. If your child is unable to attend this session, they will be placed into the “A” draft without a score. However, rest assured, they will still be placed on a team.
Further details regarding February 23rd and February 24th evaluations will follow the February 9th evaluation.
Please direct any questions or if you need any further information to:
13U (PeeWee) Coordinator
North Shore Baseball Association