North Shore Baseball Association – The Nigel Moore Baseball Scholarship
Electronic Copy – Revision 1.1 (May 2018)
Scholarship Rules and Regulations:
- Up to five (5) x $500.00 awards per year will be awarded to selected and qualifying applicants.
- Applicants must be in Grade 12 and proceeding to any university or other post-secondary institution approved by the Scholarship Selection Committee.
- Applicants must currently be registered with NSBA and have played a minimum of three years with NSBA or other youth baseball leagues, in any division.
- Applicants must complete the application form in full and provide all required information, documents and letters in order for their application to be considered.
- The scholarship is conditional, in that the funds will be withheld until such time as the recipient provides proof that he/she is registered in a post-secondary institution approved by the Scholarship Selection Committee.
- Applicants must have a proficiency in baseball, as indicated by his/her play, and be involved in the community. In keeping with the character exemplified by Nigel Moore, the applicant must have a passion for the game, both on and off the field.
- Applicants must have demonstrated good citizenship, character and leadership. Like Nigel, the applicant is always a team player and displays a commitment to the league.
- The application must include two reference letters from:
- school principal, senior teacher, employer OR community organization representative, and
- applicant’s team coach or manager that describes the applicant’s character, sportsmanship and baseball ability.
- The Scholarship Selection Committee will not enter into correspondence with any applicant or his/her parent(s), guardian(s), friends(s) etc. The decision of the committee is final.
- Complete the online application form.
- Finish the completed application form and the two reference letters on or before midnight on May 31, 2018.
- Once the successful candidate(s) have been notified, the Scholarship Selection Committee will request written confirmation of registration in a post-secondary institution prior to disbursement of funds.