North Shore Baseball Association – The Nigel Moore Baseball Scholarship
Electronic Copy – Revision 1.3 (July 2020)
Scholarship Rules and Regulations:
- Up to six (6) x $500.00 awards per year will be awarded to selected and qualifying applicants.
- Applicants must have completed Grade 12 and plan to proceed to any university or other post-secondary institution approved by the Scholarship Selection Committee. Please note: this year consideration will be given to those planning to attend in 2021 due to the current COVID crisis.
- Applicants must have been registered with NSBA in 2020 (prior to suspension of play due to COVID) and have played a minimum of three years with NSBA, in any division (this may include registration in 2020).
- Applicants must complete the application form in full and provide all required information, documents and letters in order for their application to be considered.
- The scholarship is conditional, in that the funds will be withheld until such time as the recipient provides proof that they are registered in a post-secondary institution approved by the Scholarship Selection Committee.
- Applicants must have a proficiency in baseball, as indicated by their play, and be involved in the community. In keeping with the character exemplified by Nigel Moore, the applicant must have a passion for the game, both on and off the field.
- Applicants must have demonstrated good citizenship, character and leadership. Like Nigel, the applicant is always a team player and displays a commitment to the league.
- The application must include two reference letters from:
- school principal, teacher, employer OR community organization representative, and
- applicant’s team coach or manager that describes the applicant’s character, sportsmanship and baseball ability.
- The application must include the applicants graduation headshot photo.
- The Scholarship Selection Committee will not enter into correspondence with any applicant or their parent(s), guardian(s), friends(s) etc. The decision of the committee is final.
- Complete the online application form.
- Finish the completed application form and the two reference letters on or before midnight on August 31, 2020.
- Once the successful candidate(s) have been notified, the Scholarship Selection Committee will request written confirmation of registration in a post-secondary institution prior to disbursement of funds.