Similar to last year, the NSBA 11U (Mosquito) division will be divided into two (2) groupings: American League (AL) and National League (NL).
The AL group is for the strongest players in this division. Teams will be limited to 10 players and likely no more than three teams. These AL teams will be scheduled to play each other, but will also play teams from other associations of the same strong calibre. Players in AL must make a 100% commitment to attend all practices and games.
The NL group is for the developing players in this division. All games will be played on the North Shore. Players must be committed to their team, but some allowances for conflicts with other sports will be made.
11U (Mosquito) division is a fun transition to learning the skills to play real baseball including pitching, back catcher, hitting a pitched ball, stealing bases and backing up other positions.
In order to assist the NSBA in the creation of the most appropriate teams possible, there are three (3) evaluation dates. Not all players will be required to attend all three (3). The three (3) evaluation dates are as follows:
- Sunday, February 3, 2019 (Lions Gate Christian Academy, 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM) – This is mandatory for all 11U (Mosquito) players. This evaluation helps NSBA assess your player’s skill level and will help determine players playing on the AL or NL spring teams.
- Saturday, February 23, 2019 (Lions Gate Christian Academy, 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM) – From the initial evaluation on February 3rd, selected 11U (Mosquito) players will be asked to attend the February 23rd evaluation for purposes of NSBA finalizing the AL players if the player wants to play on a AL spring team. All players required to attend this evaluation will receive an email following the February 3rd evaluation.
- Sunday, March 3, 2019 (Lions Gate Christian Academy, 1:00 PM – 3:30 PM) – This is mandatory for all NL players who were not asked to attend the February 23rd evaluation. All players required to attend this evaluation will receive an email following the February 3rd evaluation.
DETAILS RE: 11U (Mosquito) 1st Evaluation:
Date: Sunday, February 3, 2019
Time: 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Note: Your specific evaluation time slot will be emailed directly to you shortly.
Location: Lions Gate Christian Academy, in the enclosed “bubble”, next to the gravel field
** If your child is unable to attend this session, they will score zero on the evaluation. However, rest assured, they will still be placed on a team. **
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your start time. Proceed to check-in your child and collect a numbered pinnie. Once your child is registered and pinnie is collected, due to the timing, the volume of players, and space factors we ask that you drop your child off and pick them up at the end of the evaluation. Players will be called when it is their turn to take the field. We will be processing and evaluating a high number of players and would appreciate your assistance in making the process run as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Players should come dressed in normal practice attire.
- baseball hat
- shirt (no names on shirt)
- baseball pants (no shorts)
- protective jock/jill
- runners (no spikes or soccer shoes)
Equipment: baseball glove, batting helmet, bat and water bottle (we will also have NSBA bats on-site)
The evaluation day will consist of four different stations for the players:
- Fly Balls
Each station will last approximately 10 minutes, for a total evaluation time per group of approximately 40 minutes. Upon completion of all four evaluation stations, please ensure your child returns the pinnie and leaves the baseball surface immediately and is free to go. The next group of players will immediately be getting ready to enter as we are very tight for time.
We have over 100 players in the 11U (Mosquito) division and are very tight on time. Unfortunately, based on gym time and the number of players registered, we must assign times. The 11U Coordinator will send an email to you letting you know what time your child is scheduled to be evaluated. If you are unsure of your child’s evaluation time, please contact the 11U Coordinator. We will not be able to accommodate any change requests. If your child is unable to attend this session, they will score zero on the evaluation. However, rest assured, they will still be placed on a team.
Further details regarding February 23rd and March 3rd evaluations will follow the February 3rd evaluation.
Please direct any questions or if you need any further information to:
11U (Mosquito) Coordinator
North Shore Baseball Association