Update re COVID-19 Situation

March 17, 2020

Dear NSBA Players and Families,

On Saturday evening the NSBA Board of Directors met and confirmed the following:

  • Despite the many hours already spent by volunteers preparing for the event, the NSBA will not proceed with the Opening Day and Picture Day scheduled for April 5th at this time.
  • Like Baseball BC, the NSBA will continue to monitor the status of the season and “suspend all baseball sanctioned activities for a period of seven (7) days”. This includes but is not limited to tournaments, practices, games, coach and umpire education and any other team building activities.

Since this time we have learned that the Provincial Health Officer has ordered gatherings of no more than fifty (50) people and that other leagues are delaying through to mid-may. With this new information we anticipate a delay in the season for a minimum of one month. We are continuing to monitor the situation and will keep you up to date on how the entire baseball community will be proceeding.

We remain optimistic we will still be able to proceed with a spring baseball season and thank you for your patience. We would also like to thank our sponsors: for their ongoing support during this difficult time. They are truly amazing members of our community.

If you have any questions, please contact communications@northshorebaseball.ca

Board of Directors
North Shore Baseball Association

Copyright © 2019 North Shore Baseball Association