Registration for the 2021 Spring Season is Now Open – Early Bird Discount
Registration is now open for the 2021 Spring Season of the North Shore Baseball Association (NSBA).
Please register by December 22, 2020 to take advantage of our $25 early bird discount on your players registration fee. Please note that we will not be increasing our fees this year and will honour all credits requested in 2020.
We recognize that, although conditions for sport are likely to improve in 2021, there may still be some limitations or delays for the 2021 baseball season. For this reason, we will process registration fees by installment. The first installment will be for $25 at the time of registration with the balance collected on March 15, 2021. Credits from last season will be fully applied on March 15th provided the player is registered before the deadline for the season.
The NSBA will do everything we can to keep you up to date on any and all developments related to youth baseball and the current pandemic including cancellations, limitations and safety requirements. NSBA volunteers are committed to making this the best possible season for your player and we thank you for your patience, support and understanding.
Please help spread the word and let your friends and neighbours know, so that they can take advantage of the discount as well.
To register now, visit (https://northshorebaseball.ca/registration).
Just a few reminders
- We offer baseball programs for boys and girls aged 3 through 25.
- Our boundary is the whole North Shore (North and West Vancouver), Bowen Island, Lion’s Bay, and Squamish.
- The $25 early bird discount is good until December 22, 2020, so register now to take advantage of it.
- Registration must be received by January 31, 2021 to guarantee placement on a team.
- Register by January 15, 2021 to avoid the late registration fee of $25.
- Installment Payment Plan:
- 1st: $25 at the time of registration
- 2nd: Balance of registration fee charged on March 15, 2021
- Credit: For those that deferred 2020 registration fee as a credit for 2021 season will be applied.
- 5U and 7U Divisions – our plan is to increase our technical development program at these levels and add extra sessions for our 7U players born in 2014 to pitching machines and basic pitching technique.
- 13U “A” and 15U “A” Divisions – we will endevour to have ALL games played on the North Shore, with a few extra off the North Shore.
- We will be having Winter Training indoors, for our 9U (Tadpole), 11U (Mosquito), 13U (PeeWee), 15U (Bantam), and 18U (Midget) age groups, in January. So stay tuned for more info.
Note: You will need to register for our spring season first, before you can register for the training.
NSBA is for players of all abilities aged 3 to 25. The age divisions are:
- 5U Blast Ball (2017/2016)
- 7U T-Ball (2015/2014)
- 9U Tadpole (2013/2012)
- 11U Mosquito (2011/2010)
- 13U PeeWee (2009/2008)
- 15U Bantam (2007/2006)
- 18U Midget (2005/2004/2003)
- 25U Junior Men (1995-2002)
North Shore Baseball Association is committed to do its best in keeping players playing together on fields close to their homes and schools, whether they live in either North Vancouver, West Vancouver, Bowen Island, or Squamish. This is provided that this does not compromise team balance for that division and that NSBA is able to secure those fields. In the older divisions, which includes the “AA” and “AAA” teams, this is more challenging, but we will do our best to access fields, such as Ambleside, so it is available for players in that area.
5U and 7U Divisions
At these divisions we want players and parents/guardians to have a fun and social experience while introducing them to baseball fundamentals. In Spring 2021 we plan to increase our technical development program at these levels and we are planning to offer some extra late-Spring sessions for our older 7U (T-Ball) players [those born in 2014] interested in being introduced to pitching machines and basic pitching technique in anticipation of their entering 9U (Tadpole) Division in Spring 2022.
We plan on adding more field(s) at these divisions so that players can play close to where they live on the North Shore, eg. adding a field in the Seymour area for those players.
13U “A” and 15U “A” Divisions
For the 2021 Spring Season in the 13U “A” and 15U “A” Division teams, we will endevour to have ALL games played on the North Shore, with a few extra games off the North Shore.
Single Season Teams
We will be offering the following single season teams for 2021:
- 15U (Bantam) AA
- 15U (Bantam) AAA
- 18U (Midget) AAA
- 25U (Junior Men)
Boundaries for the North Shore Baseball Association is the whole North Shore (North Vancouver and West Vancouver), Bowen Island, Lion’s Bay, and Squamish. It is an inclusive league without the strict boundary limitations found in other leagues on the North Shore.
What is BC Minor Baseball?
BC Minor Baseball is the largest, strongest and most rapidly growing baseball program in BC. With over 17,000 players in BC, this local grassroots organization continues to gain members and support across the province each year.
For the younger players there is virtually no difference except age groupings. In BC Minor Baseball, players are grouped by calendar year age. This means kids will be playing with their friends in the same grade at each and every level. The spring (regular) season runs from April to June and then there are additional opportunities for all players for the summer season.
Help Spread The Word About Us
Our league is accessible to all players across the North Shore, but we need your help to get the word out. Please tell your friends and neighbours to check out their options on our website and social media and make an informed choice.
Any and all help in letting folks know about North Shore Baseball Association is greatly appreciated. Spread the word!
Questions? Please email our Registrar – firstname.lastname@example.org