Dear NSBA Players and Families,
Here is the latest baseball update from Baseball BC.
Please note effective immediately, Baseball BC is moving all in person baseball programming taking place in the lower mainland’s two Regional Health Authorities (Vancouver Coastal Health and Fraser Health) back to Phase 2 of our Return to Play (RTP) Guidelines.
Highlights of Phase 2 include, but are not limited to the following:
- Only small group training and development sessions are permitted.
- Maximum of 10 athletes and 2 coaches at an event.
- Verbal symptom screening and attending tracking is required.
- All government expectations and requirements to be met, including viaSport Phase 2 guidelines.
- 2m physical distance required between participants at all times.
Also being added at this time are the following new restrictions:
- Group Strength Training and Dryland training are not permitted as per Provincial Heath Officer Order.
- All participants are strongly encouraged to wear a non medical face mask when arriving, departing and not actively participating in baseball activity.
- All travel for baseball activities into, or out of, these regions is suspended. Travel between these regions is permitted so that organizations from either side of the Fraser Valley/Vancouver-Coastal border can welcome their participants that may reside in the neighbouring health region.
This RTP Phase movement and the additional restrictions /requirements come in part as a result of new Provincial Health Officer Orders issued on November 7, 2020in response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.The Orders issued are for a two-week period ending at midnight on Sunday November 23. These Orders are open to extension by order of the PHO.
All member groups and local associations are also required to review the new PHO orders and review and revise respective COVID safety plans and policies and adapt where necessary.
Finally, we would like to remind all organizations that local municipalities may have additional requirements and are encouraged to check with all their facility partners and municipalities for any other requirements.
Please note Baseball BC will continue to monitor provincial health orders and direction from viaSport as they are made available and base all future programming adjustment decisions as required.
Board of Directors
North Shore Baseball Association