Dear NSBA Players and Families,
Here is the latest baseball update from Baseball BC.
Baseball BC RTP In Phase Movement Alert
Effective Immediately, In Club Game Play is now permitted per Baseball BC Return to Play Guidelines.
REMINDER: Clubs are to continue to abide by governing body and local government rules regarding any current COVID restrictions in place.
Modified In-Club Play must follow the protocols laid out for game play Phase 3 of the Baseball BC RTP Guidelines. In addition,
- Only game play between teams from the same club (within a LSO) are permitted right now. No exceptions.
- Players and coaches may not approach any official to discuss or argue any call. They may ask for a count from their appropriate bench or on-field location.
Selected reminders about modification in Phase 3
- Physical distancing must always still be maintained outside of the regular course of game play (ie. batters or plays in the field).
- No plate meetings pre-game for lineup exchanges unless physical distancing requirements are adhered to.
- No mound visits by catcher or coach unless physical distancing requirements are adhered to.
- No post game handshakes.
- Clubs and/or teams should assign a safety and sanitation champion for each event to track attendance, assist in reminders about physical distancing and implement the ongoing sanitation needs and requirements.
- Baseballs need to be new or disinfected every time they are entered into play.Hand sanitizing should take place at the end of every half inning.
- Umpires must comply with physical distancing requirements and may need to use alternate positioning to comply.
- Practices and training are still expected to follow all Phase 2 requirements and Guidelines as listed.
Board of Directors
North Shore Baseball Association